Why Choose Us?
Chris and Victoria are proud to run their family Herefordshire practice. Victoria grew up in the county and they brought their family back here in 2004. “We and our team are committed to providing a personal, caring and professional service for you and your pet. We strive to bring as many services as possible to your pets and you in our beautiful county."
In 2016 we were able to add a Ledbury branch, having loved our time living there in 1999. We have a friendly & approachable team who work to high standards continually undergoing on going training to ensure the very best in veterinary care. Our services include:
- We cover our own 24 hour emergency service with both a vet and nurse on call
- Advice on puppies and kittens – including puppy clubs and training
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) procedures including spaying (neutering)
- Nurse clinics including dietary advice & preventative health care
- Physiotherapy and rehab advice
- Separate cat & dog wards and waiting areas
- Appointments available all day and every Saturday morning
- Advanced Practitioner with a Certificate Holder in Diagnostic Imaging
- Certificate holders in medicine and feline medicine plus numerous nurses with further qualifications
- Behaviour advice
- Full operating facilities
- In house laboratory
- Visiting clinicians in cardiology, orthopaedics and osteopathy
- Pet Health Plans
- Acupuncture and laser therapy
- Customer parking
Please do contact us to find out more, arrange to meet us, suggest further services we could offer.
Practice Standards Scheme
Brookfield Veterinary Practice is a member of the Practice Standards Scheme (PSS). We believe it is important to be a member as this highlights a commitment to our clients to:
- Focus on always looking for ways to improve our care
- Helps ensure the smooth day to day running of the practice
- Ensures protocols are in place where necessary
- Helps highlight areas in which we might be able to improve
- Added motivate to continue to do our very best for our patients
- Making sure we operate as efficiently as we can
Below is a brief summary from the RCVS regarding the PSS.
What is the Practice Standards Scheme?
The RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (PSS) is a voluntary initiative to accredit veterinary practices in the UK.
Through setting standards and carrying out regular assessments, the Scheme aims to promote and maintain the highest standards of veterinary care.
It offers peace of mind to clients of accredited practices and a more informed choice to the animal-owning public.
To become accredited, practices volunteer for rigorous assessment every four years and will have met a range of minimum standards including hygiene, 24-hour emergency cover, staff training, certain types of equipment and cost estimation procedures.
Practices are also subject to spot-checks between assessments.
RCVS accreditation is not to be confused with a practice being included in the RCVS Register of Veterinary Practice Premises (RVPP).
RCVS hold the RVPP on behalf of the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, and only veterinary surgeons working from registered premises can supply veterinary medicines.